GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWING ARTICLES FOR PUBLICATION IN THE FINANCIAL INTERNET QUARTERLY
The guidelines for reviewing articles for publication in the Financial Internet Quarterly are in accordance with the ‘Good Practices in the academic peer reviewing process’ published by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Firstly, all articles submitted to Financial Internet Quarterly are subject to verification by Professional Plagiarism Prevention System iThenticate under cooperation with Sciendo. Then, each submission is checked by the Section Editors. At this stage,Editors determine whether the manuscriptfits the journal aims and scope, or they may reject the submission when they have observed that manuscript quality in the areas of literature review, used methodology or language communication is too low.
Upon receipt of a proposal for an article and its acceptance by the Section Editor, a potential reviewer is selected based upon their specialization in the field of the article. The reviewers are recognized specialists in the field of finance. The potential reviewer receives an inquiry containing:
- title of the article,
- abstract of the article,
- information on the contents of the article,
- required deadline for receipt of the review,
- request for any further requirements (such as the need to deliver the source data upon which the research results of an article is based).
Manuscripts are sent to at least two independent reviewers for double blind peer review. The reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. Evaluation of the reviewed text is done using the reviewer’s form designed by the editorial office.
Reviewers are not to consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers. To review each manuscript are appointed two independent reviewers from outside the research unit affiliated by the author of the manuscript (one person is from Poland and one person from abroad).
Once reviewers have provided their feedback, the Editor, in consultation with the Editorial Advisory Board, may decide to accept the Author’s manuscript, request minor or major revisions, or decline definitively the manuscript.
While all journals work by different timescales, the goal is that the Editor will inform the Author of the final decision within 30 days from submission of the manuscript. Each manuscript is published within 50 days from submission.
Reviewers of articles published in 2021:
- Alcina Augusta de Sena Portugal Dias, University of Mihno (Portugal)
- Amandio da Silva, Universidade de Aveiro (Portugal)
- Elina Kallas, Harvard University (USA)
- Eva Ropero Moriones, UNIE Universidad (Spain)
- Hervainé Szabó Gyöngyvér, Kodolányi János Főiskola (Hungary)
- Ingrid Majerová, Silesian University in Opava (Czech Republic)
- Marta Czyżewska, University of Economics in Cracow (Poland)
- Jacek Rodzinka, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow (Poland)
- Kamil Gemra, Warsaw School of Economics (Poland)
- Leszek Dziawgo, Nicolaus Copernicus University (Poland)
- Volodymyr Martyniuk, University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin (Poland)/ National University Lviv Polytechnic (Ukraine)
- Tatiana Varcholova, University of Central Europe in Skalica (Slovakia)
- Elżbieta Ociepa-Kicińska, University of Szczecin (Poland)
- Tomasz Skica, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow (Poland)
- Józef Zając, Państwa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa w Chełmie (Poland)
- Beata Fałda, Państwa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa w Chełmie (Poland)
- Joanna Rutecka-Góra, Warsaw School of Economics (Poland)
- Damian Walczak, Nicolaus Copernicus University (Poland)
- Deimantė Žilinskienė, Kazimiero Simonovičiaus Universitetas (Lithuania)
- Vladimír Modrák, Technical University of Košice (Slovakia)
- Lejla Lazović-Pita, School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Juraj Mikuš, Comenius University (Slovakia)
- Federick Soto, European University of Madrid (Spain)
- Lamija Šćeta, School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Romana Cizinska, Skoda Auto University (Czech Republic)